Have you ever experienced writer’s block? Because it’s been my life story for over a week. Every time I longed on to write something my mind just spaced out. I couldn’t be creative in any other aspect of my life either. Cooking, photographing the world around me, coming up with fun ideas for the kids. All gone. What’s up with that? I’d like to think that I’m at a point where I can try to share a life experience more frequently than I have this month. Especially with fall approaching, I have so much fun things in my head that hopefully I can share with you all!
P.S. Amelia had picture day at school yesterday. How freaking cute is she?
For today, I wanted to share this delicious recipe with you! When grocery shopping, I always stop at the deli to pick up some Boar’s Head meats and cheeses. This week the teriyaki chicken was on sale. I had never had it but the kind lady behind the counter offered to let me try it. And oh. My. God. So good! Boar’s Head products are naturally good anyway. There’s not been a flavor I haven’t liked, but this is going down in my book of faves.
I rarely find myself eating sandwiches. A wrap however, well come and find me and we’ll talk. I guess if it comes in a tortilla it’s kinda like a taco, and who doesn’t love tacos? Amiright?
With the teriyaki chicken, I wanted to make some sort of teriyaki style wrap of course. With a bit of an Asian flavor pallet, and still moderately healthy. I literally just threw this together on a whim, and was so impressed with it, I made it again the next day. I started with a bell pepper, thinly sliced. Added some lettuce. And I marinated some onions and carrots in an Asian style sauce. Yum!
Bibibop has these delicious marinated carrots that they use on their bowls. I was trying to mimic those! Of course I have no idea what they actually use, but I knew toasted sesame oil and soy sauce was a good start. I played around with those, added a bit of ginger and rice vinegar and voila. The perfect flavor was born.
No. Seriously. It was perfect.
But you can’t have a bangin’ wrap with out a bangin’ sauce ya know. I whipped up a quick sriracha Mayo to drizzle on top of the entire thing.
Sprinkle a few almonds on top for crunch, and bam. You’re done.
Think you want to try this recipe? Don’t kid yourself, you know you want to! 😉 Keep reading below, but it is addicting. Don’t say I didn’t warn ya!
Teriyaki Chicken Wrap
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tortilla wraps
- 6-8 slices of Boar’s Head Teriyaki Chicken
- 1/2 matchstick carrots
- 1/4 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced almonds
Sriracha Mayo Ingredients
- 4 tablespoon light mayo
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce (You can do less or more depending on your personal taste!
- Whisk together your marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Add in the carrots and onions. Let sit for about 10-15 minutes while you’re prepping your wrap.
- Lay out 3-4 pieces of chicken on your wrap. Top with lettuce, sliced peppers, and marinated carrots and onions. Let the excess marinade remain in the bowl or you’ll have a messy wrap 😉 But feel free to use it as a dip! It’s really yummy!
- Drizzle your sriracha Mayo over the wrap, about 1-2 tablespoons.
- Roll it up and enjoy!